Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pictures.... our home.

So here we have the bed room. What we're going to do with it... I think... paint the bottom half brown, I would like a nice wall paper on the upper half... Kyle wants a light grayish green color but we're agreed on the (I think it's called) chair railing in the middle to cover the transition.
The kitchen is very very nice. I have so much storage. It's going to be hard not to fill up every space. But I may have to do it anyway. My favorite feature of the kitchen... Behold... a dish washer! I'm so excited. There is also a window box over the sink and I want to start grown plants. I have some snap dragon seeds from my grandma, and I want to grow an aloe plant and some fresh herbs. There are so many great possibilities.
This is the front room. We choose the brown color on the walls and I painted it on my days off. I really like it. I'm standing by the fireplace.
I'm standing at the door here to get a different view of the room. On the wall of the stairs I want to put together a frame collage. I saw one on a craft show and loved it. I will definitely show pictures later. My first decorating goal is to get everything OUT OF THE BOXES!
I took this of Kyle on our final inspection day. It was fun. We're a little worried about the big tree. It might be too close to the house and the foundation. So we could be chopping it down. Think how pretty a bed of roses would be there...
That was a few more pictures of our home. More to come as I have the time. But I think we'll be here for a while so I'm not feeling the pressure to make it perfect right now. I do love the house and the neighborhood. One of my friend's father lives down the street and has some blackberry starts that he might be able to give me. So yea. I like blackberries.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful. am excited to see it "life"

Karla said...

Yippy! I love your new home!

Bassett said...

Great! So excited for you:) Keep posting as you progress with things. I like to see the transformation! HUGS!