Saturday, September 3, 2011

some good things in my life...

Well there have been some yucky things happening in my life as of late. I would like to be a "Pollyanna" and focus on some things that are making my life a little nicer.

1. The Hourglass Door. I was at Barnes and Noble (one of Kyle and mine's FAVORITE hangouts) when the author comes in to sign books and to promote the last book of the series. I'm a little shy because truly deeply in my heart I would love to be an author and have my book in a library that there is a queue for checkout. anyway... She is very nice and tells me a little about her book and hands me the 1st book in the series and I ask if it's okay if I take to read a bit. She says yes, So I find a chair and I start. Next thing I know it's 1 1/2 hrs later the book signing is over and I really like the book. I was very sad that I didn't get to tell Lisa how much I enjoyed her work. So I did the next best thing. I went to the library web site and requested it. I'm number 17 in the queue.

Today after work Kyle and I went to Barnes and Noble and while he is browsing I head straight for the book and pick up where I left off. As I'm reading my dear, sweet, wonderful and thoughtful husband buys an autographed copy of the book for me so now I don't have to wait for my turn.

2. The cookie scoop. I was making cookies the other night for pot-luck at work and man... the cookie scoop saved so much time and mess. I made chocolate cake batter cookies with toffee crumbs on top. Very tasty...
3. My job...

4. You.

4 comments:

Karla said...

I sure love you! Do you think I would like the book?

Sandy Baur said...

I love you too Tiff! Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend! We are going to grill burgers and chill. Sure wish you could be here and spend some relax time with us!

Linda said...

Yeah Tiff, You must be feeling so loved as I add my love to Kar, San's and your sweetheart husband for buying the special book. Is the book available on Kendal?

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Tiff....I MISS YOU! Don't know when I'll get to see you again :( All the changes that have happened at work suck, and I'm so sad I wasn't able to be there to say goodbye to everyone. Honestly, I lost quite a few tears over it. I had a great 7 years working with all of you!!

Oh, and I totally agree about that cookie scoop...I got one of those and totally LOVE it! Can't make cookies w/out it now! :)

Love you girl!