Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday KYLE!

I think Kyle had a good 40th birthday. His birthday night we went out to dinner at the Chuck Wagon Buffet... his favorite. I ate too much. Then we spent a couple of hours at Barnes and Nobel. Kyle then picked out his surprise present of "Wedding Photography: Art, Business & Style". He really been enjoying it.
Friday night my sister Karla and her family hosted a wonderful BBQ of hamburgers and hot dogs. It was perfect. The also got Kyle his favorite cake ever! A cookies and cream ice cream cake from DQ. Little Spencer picked out some orange chocolates for Kyle's present.


Spencer is showing us his train. He is so smart and getting a great vocabulary.
Everyone loves balloons.
Kyle just likes to wash our car.
For Kyle's big bash present I got him some flight time with a friend of mine who is an instructor. We were all set to fly on Sat. afternoon, we showed up at the Bountiful airport only to be greeted by 25-30 mph wind gusts. There was no flying to be had that day. My friend showed up and said it was just to windy to be flying. So they exchanged emails and will schedule for another Sat sometime when the air is calm.
As we were leaving the airport I was rubbing my eyes because they got a lot of dirt in them, when 1 car in front of us was cut off and t-boned a 4 door F-150. I had my glasses off and all I saw was a truck flying through the air and what I found out later was a tire zooming off in the opposite direction.
Kyle pulled to the side of the road, and I called 911. Gave them our location. The truck was turning and took the turn too fast that caused the car in front of us a 4 door sedan to t-bone it and flip it into the air. While I was still on the phone with 911 a Highway Patrol officer came on the scene. He was just cruising the area and said that the accident hadn't made it over the radio yet. Emergency crews were there within 5 min. The truck had a man in mid 20's driving with what looked like a 3 year old that he pulled out. They appeared to be okay. The driver of the sedan appeared to have a hurt arm. The paramedics were putting it in a sling as we drove away after Kyle gave his statement.
Everything is good with our lives. This week we are back on the wagon.

1 comment:

Linda said...

The Birthday party looks so fun. Someday we will be able to participate also. Lucky you to all live so close. Glad Kyle had a nice 40th. Looks like you are the big winner this week. I'm back on, and am so mad at myself for crshing and burning.