Wednesday, February 17, 2010

45 min!

So I've been trying to sleep for the past 45 minutes. Really I've been in bed reading for about an hour but I turned off the light by alas my mind will not be turned off as easily.
I think everyone in my family knows what I'm talking about. OVER ACTIVE BRAIN!!!!
I usually fight this issue with self meditation methods. I slow down my breathing. Take my mind to restful places. Sometimes I even count my breathing. But tonight nothing is working. I wouldn't mind as much but I have to get up for work in 6 hrs.
So I would like to poise the question: What are some of your methods for turning off the brain and falling asleep?

3 comments:

Sandy Baur said...

Well I drink a small cup of hot gatorade (lemon lime) turn on the tv to a "boring" channel and let myself drift off. I'm lucky enough to have a timer on my tv so it turns off automaticly. If I am having a lot of trouble I hang my head off the end of the bed and let the blood rush to my head and get a real good stretch for about 3-4 min and that settles my mind a bit. If that doesn't work I crochet for about 20 min and that knocks me out!

Linda said...

I will get up and read or watch TV. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't.

CAcousin said...

Christopher has the same problem. His doctor recommends warm milk or even a glass of cold milk, read or listen to quiet music. She also is having him try 3 mg Melatonin a few hours before bedtime. Ashley tried the Melatonin and she said it wiped her right out. You can get it in the herbal section at Walmart. I'm not one to recommend herbs, but I figured it would be safe if a doctor recommended it with the correct dosage. Good luck!