Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Me and Pirates!

We say ARGH!
Kyle and I got found on Sunday and were asked to speak in church on Sunday.
I asked bishopric member what the topic was he said what are you interested in?
I was thinking about charity because I'm reading the BOM this year with charity in mind. I was about to say charity when dear bishopric member says, "How about genealogy."
ARGH!!!!
So this is a plea, anyone have ideas that we can glean about genealogy. We're in charge of about 30 mins of the meeting.

4 comments:

Karla said...

I have lots of family history stories. . . if you need some to share.

Linda said...

I know you will be GREAT. Good idea from Karla. I am sure you talks will be fabulous.....Now don't poor an all your charm and talent, or you'll be on for every Sunday. grin.

Sandy Baur said...

You could maybe give your talk from the veiw point of "you can't know where you're going until you know where you've been" Our ancestors build our foundation: they are a basis for our physical abilities, talents, etc...their experiences passed on thru generations can impact our morals, attitudes and even personalities. Embrace and become intimate with your past to recognize and accept God's plan for your future..... well something along those lines....

Tiff and Kyle said...

San-great idea. I like that a lot...
Kar- do you have any stories of family going to Eilis Island... coming to America type stories...