Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hurray for the Boy Scouts!

I have been fighting a loosing battle this year. The weeds in my yard are OUT of control.
I have been pulling weeds all summer long and they have overrun almost my entire back yard.
Today the Scouts came over for some "service" hours and clean out all the window wells, laid down weed blocker and the white rocks we've had for about 2 years.
I never clean out the wells because spiders live down there.
So the window wells are clean- check!
And there were about 5 other scouts without a job so the leaders got them pulling dandelions, crabgrass and the other weeds that are running everywhere.
They were here for about an hour and got 2 black garbage bags full of weeds.
I was so happy, I made them chocolate chip cookies and had cold milk as a thank you.
The leaders said that if they need more service hours they may be back.
My yard looks so much better!
Thank you Boy Scouts!

4 comments:

Sandy Baur said...

WOW! Gotta LOVE service hours! I bet your yard looks great! Pictures Please!!!

Linda said...

I love a Christ centered life and that means looking out for each other. Both the giver and receiver are blessed in so many ways....giver with those feel good endorphins and receiver with much needed help. How was your Chunkers and Vera this week? Do you have a nick name for her also?

Linda said...

Your cookies are the best.....and milk for a complete protein.....can't beat that. You are so thoughtful.

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

That's awesome! Love it when the scouts in our area come and do service LOL