Friday, July 18, 2008

A costly mistake.

So about two weeks ago I lost the mail box key, and the quest began.
I looked in the car, house, purse, house, car, car, outside, under our stairs, the car, car, purse, outside, purse, house and car. To no avail. So a week ago I went to the USPS and told them I needed a new key or lock. They said, "No, problem. That will be $15 for the new lock."
"Wonderful. I live here..." and they said, "Oh, we don't service that. But I'll send a tech out just in case."
Fast forward to Tues. Tech calls and says, "We don't service your post box because it doesn't say 'US Postal Service' on it."
So I hopped on the Internet and found 3 locksmiths in the area. All 3 said they could change the lock ranging between $80-100. -crap!- Sooooo
I wait to talk to Kyle about it and on Wed. night we decide to go with the cheapest agency. I called them and made an apt. for 1030. They have 1 hr to come and help us. Well 10 30 comes and goes... 1130 comes and we call, and they say that they can't find their tech guy. We say no thank you. Kyle and I are both going to be late for work. So we call the middle expensive and they are more than rude to us, so we bit the bullet and make an appointment with the most expensive company for 9am Friday. They assure us that the tech will call between 830-9am.
So poor Kyle gets up early and is sitting on the phone... waiting... and waiting... and waiting.... finally he calls them and the tech said, "Oh I got busy and can't be there until this afternoon sometime... Oh, yeah and I can't take credit card, only cash." RED FLAG!
Is this really happening to me?
So I call A Locksmith 23 7 in SLC order a locksmith for now, they say a tech will be calling you soon. 5 min later (I'm at work by the by) the phone rings "Hello this is your locksmith... where do you live?" I tell him, and he says that he'll be there in about 20-25 min.
I call Kyle and let him know. The guy shows up at 1110am.. and the job was finished at 1146am! but to the tune of a lot more than we wanted to spend.
And the really stink part of it... there is no post in our box. I think when I lost the key someone nearby found it and that someone has been pinching our mail for a week. I put a hold on the mail for this week, but I think last weeks' mail is gone.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Total bummer :(

Tiffany Wacaser said...

I hate it when stuff just keeps getting worse.