Friday, September 19, 2008

A new career?

So I am car pooling home today with my friend Natalie, found below, and she is telling me about her plans for the rest of the day. Her nephew's birthday is tomorrow and she is in charge of trying to make an Optimus Prime Transformer cake for him. I said, "Wow. How fun. That shouldn't be to hard. It's mostly a big rectangle," and I start mapping it out in my head.
I have so much fun planning it in my head I ask, "Do you need help?" She jumps at the chance and drops me off at my home.

I do a little research. I find this picture of Optimus Prime and I start baking the cake and make a list of things that I will need at Wal-Mart to make it.

So many hours later I have this to show for it. I am very please since it was my first effort of cake decorating on a non-circular cake. I had a lot of fun. I think I know how to make it even better next time.
So if anyone out there wants a big semi-truck birthday cake. I'm your girl. I think I can make just about anything. Except snakes, I don't have the counter space.




4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, where are you when I need cakes for my littles on their big days. I think my most creative was a baseball cake.

Karla said...

I LOVE IT! You are booked for my birthday cake. . . can you make a Twilight cake? : )

Linda said...

What a great cake. Yet another talent in your bag of magic skills. A wonderful accomplishment! I especially LOVED "I don't do snakes, I don't have the counter space". That says it all!!! At least Lousia wasn't around to say "that looks like and autopsy" (whoops, creative spelling). You look so happy and shinning in the picture.

Goat said...

O how cute! Kudos! I am so excited to have found your blog hehehe (It's Katie Morris) thethespian86@gmail.com I LOVE YOU!