Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I heard a rumor.

As most everyone knows I am a HUGE Broadway fan. It's true I confess it gladly. I love watching live theater!
Well I heard a rumor that Jennifer Garner, of Alias fame, was going to star in a Broadway production of Cyrano. I thought truthfully. Man... stick to action. You're really good at giving bad guys round house kicks to the face. I didn't think it would go well.
What I didn't know was that Kevin Kline was Cyrano. I just finished watching it on PBS. It was spectacular.
Christian... was cute. Kevin was as always perfection. Jennifer... was a little stiff.

I love the scene in the pub house when Cyrano gets into the fight with a Vi count somebody and composes the poem.
And I have to say the balcony scene was one of my favorites. So so so Funny!
I am looking forward to seeing it again. I cried for 10 min after the play. I used 2 tissues. It was beautiful.
I recommend it.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I am impressed with your commentary. However, the best part is you have found joy in such a variety of entertainment. Makes me want to see it also.

Karla said...

can I get it on netflix?

Tiff and Kyle said...

Yes it is available on Netflix. I am going add it soon. And you can get it frm Deep Discount DVD for $17. I know what I want!