Thursday, December 4, 2008

The best Husband EVER!!!

I would just like to say that I think Kyle is the best ever. Yesterday was a very fun day for me. I got off work early and made some snicker doodle cookie dough. When that was finished I realized that it was time for the RS Christmas dinner. Kyle tell me, "Don't worry about the mess. I'll clean it up."
He scoops me up into the car takes me to the church and heads on out to Wal-Mart for a few things.
The dinner was lovely. The program was touching with song and testimonies of the prophets past. It was so good to hear Presidents Benson, Hunter, Kimball and Hinkely speaking again. It brought several tears to my eyes.
I get home about 815pm and I am so excited to go to bed early. Kyle wasn't home yet so I'm just writing him a note for phone calls that he missed and I'm off to bed by 830pm. Can you believe it, I get to go to bed at 830! :)
The phone rings again and it's Kyle. The car is broken in the Wal-Mart parking lot. It's either the battery or the alternator. Stinker! We're trading the car on Saturday.
So a phone call later our neighbor is picking me up in a HUGE truck equipped with batter cables and a towing line... just in case.
Well we get there and jump the car. It's running but very weak. Neighbor follows us home and the car makes it home so we're thinking that it's just the battery and it's not holding a charge.
So super nice neighbor lets us borrow his battery charger and an extension cord.
It's now 1030pm. I'm so tired and Kyle tucks me into bed and we read scriptures and say prayers and I conk out.
This morning I woke up and the kitchen was sparkling clean, and everything was in it's place.
Not only did Kyle stay up and hook up the car and all that intails but he also cleaned up the kitchen. He is so good.
So now we're hoping that we can keep the car going until Saturday when we're going car shopping.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I have been worrying about your transportaion. Did you drive to work today? Was it really the battery? What a nightmare!! Good luck in fiding a car. We used a car broker for our last car and were very happy, as he purchased a car for us from an auction.

Tiff and Kyle said...

I was able to hitch a ride to work today and I don't know about the car. I didn't try to start it. I thought it best just to charge the battery. Kyle was either going to take the car or the bus to work. I'm looking forward to finding out what happened.

Julie said...

I would dare to contest the fact that you have the best husband ever. I would have to wager that many other women feel like their husbands are the best(mine is pretty darn good)......but you probably have the best one for you. Hope your car troubles work out--and you find one that will be better. If you were closer Gabe might be able to help fix the car for you.