Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It was a Merry Christmas.

I had so much fun this Christmas time. I hosted Christmas Eve. My sister Karla and her family come up for dinner of nachos, apple pie and Grandma Veselka's gingerbread. It was wonderful. On the 23rd I went for a walk with mom and got 3 different kinds of flowers. I made 2 centerpieces from the $20 worth of flowers. I think they turned out nice.
We ate on the china and I felt so cool being able to serve company on my fine china. I love my china so much. Mom surprised me and got me a beautiful pedestal for serving that is in my china pattern. I love it so much.
We used Grandma Bassett's goblets for some sparkling apple cider. It was a wonderful night. I really enjoyed having Kar, Dave and especially little Spencer there.

Early Christmas morning Kyle and I set out to spend Christmas with his parents. It was a nice trip. I took some pink pills and slept most of the way. It was wonderful to fall asleep in Utah and wake up in Calgary.
Here is Kyle at the airport while we waited for our flight.

The day after Christmas we went to Kyle's cousin's house in Taber and had a wonderful ham dinner and ice cream cake. The green icing from the cake proved to be one of the funniest things about the evening. Wreaking havoc on every one's tongues, lips and teeth.




Jamie was smart and didn't eat the green stuff.

Kyle's cousin DC is so chill.

It was a wonderful time. Very cold and boy howdy I forgot how dry it got in Canada. I had a couple of bloody noses but all is well. I am very happy that we missed the big snow dump. We did have a ground blizzard in Canada but at least I didn't have to drive in it.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Sounds like fun!! I am glad you guys had a good Christmas!!

Linda said...

I am so glad you hve such a sweet memory of your 2nd Christmas. The center pieces really added class to the Nachos.

Karla said...

It was the perfect evening and you were the perfect hostess!!! I loved it. . . what to host Easter? :)